This new role has been created through the growth of our clients business and will be working in a team of exceptional technical experts. This is a technical role for a Citrix expert to work as a part of their NOC support team delivering exceptional service and expertise to enterprise and managed service customers. We are looking for someone with Citrix qualifications and experience to act as an essential escalation point ensuring the correct configuration, patching, troubleshooting, monitoring, and management of complex virtual environments.
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Citrix XenApp/Desktop certification Installing, managing and monitoring virtual environments
- 3 Years (minimum) supporting VMware virtual environments
- Backup and Recovery
- Excellent communications skills with customers & vendors
- Ability to take responsibility whilst working as part of a team
- Storage technologies (vSAN, SAN, NAS) and ability to provision in VMware
- Exceptional customer service approach Desirable Skills & Qualifications
- Understanding of compute, servers, converged and hyper-converged
- Protection using VMware SRM, vSphere replication
- VDI / EUC including Horizon View
- Dell EMC (or competing) storage, backup, compute
- Cisco (or competing) network, wan, firewall
- F5 (or competing) security, load balancing
- VMware NSX virtual networking
Our client’s NOC, support and Installation team is geographically diverse and highly skilled providing exceptional levels of expertise and knowledge that enables them to work as an extension of their customers’ own teams. As a Citrix expert you have the knowledge to understand issues quickly, assess the business impacts, and formulate troubleshooting steps either independently or by calling in other members of the team. Their experts fix over 90% of faults themselves quickly and with confidence, relying on the vendor primarily where the software or hardware is at fault. You should be ambitious and focused in pursuit of success for customers, whilst at the same time be able to work as part of both a growing and diverse team. The support and installation team is “close-knit” with nowhere to hide, we are looking for individuals who are self-motivated, exceptional and ambitious for the success of the client.
- Take end-to-end responsibility for, and prioritise own tickets
- Communicate effectively and professionally with our customers
- Manage own work and be self-motivating
- Work and communicate effectively across the Synapse 360 team
- Escalate to vendors or internally when it is right to do so
- Time recording, manage call queue and update helpdesk software
- Owning and taking pride in the relationship with our customers
- Be an unashamed expert and take pride in doing things right the first time
- On-call cover for Citrix cover approx. 17 weeks per year
Our client enjoys a fantastic place to work providing the support and opportunity for individuals to thrive and succeed rather than managing people into a box. Success is in your hands; They provide the best technical solutions with the best technical people available, you will do the critical work to support our customers every day. The successful candidate will want to be a key contributor in our clients organisation and not an employee number in a big business. Our client is a fun, fast moving, and open to taking risks to stand out amongst infrastructure partners. You will be a confident and technical individual who can also buy into our company ethos and put the customer first. You will not only be qualified in Citrix, you will be proud of your skills and demonstrate a genuine interest in the technology, how it enables infrastructures in a hybrid world, and have a desire to always be better. You will have the attitude that every day is a learning day and a teaching day.
Base salary for the position is £30,000 – £40,000 depending on experience, proven success and qualifications. With a Dell laptop provided. In addition, you will be on-call for at a retention rate of £250 per calendar week (approx. 17 weeks per calendar year), on-call callout paid by the hour, and approved overtime We are willing to pay more for exceptional individuals who can also demonstrate their current salary.